Saturday, January 15, 2011

Books in the process of being read! About Messy Ministry!


I recently purchased Facing Messy Stuff in the Church and When Ministry is Messy. Like most I've encountered a few messy - sticky - moments in ministry, and some that were not pretty at all. So when I saw these books I decided to acquire both.
After a quick look at
Facing Messy Stuff in the Church, by Kenneth L Swetland (2005), I'm not to excited about the book. It is a series of fourteen case studies. It appears it is a book about issue studies as much as cases studies. Maybe I'll feel differently once I've read the whole book.
But after scanning
When Ministry is Messy, by Richard C Brown (2006), I'm looking forward to reading this text. Let's see how they both hold up as I read through both over the next weeks.

No comments: